Old 04-19-10, 05:11 PM   #878
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Version 5 (I got there)

Hi Zee
Same as indebin, installed no problem.

Start to drive towards village artilliary starts and FPS running around 7.6 to 8.2 in F6 external view - same for Commanders open cupola riding i turret with outside all round views same as F6 (as you'd expect). F5 binocular view gives me 10 to 11 FPS which is nice. Overall improvement for me anyway with some FPS drops.

FPS dropped a bit when reaching the woods overlooking village C (i.e. N-E of the village) running around 5.6 to 6.3 and slightly jerky. This area was the worst for FPS hit.

After clearing out Village C framerate rose a bit to 9 to 10 FPS (F6).
Turnig attention to distant artilliary via the Katushka (spelling??!) rocket launchers (to N-W of village) FPS running at around 8 to 10 (F6 view) OK really but looks a bit jerky when watching tank travelling over terrain in close up views.

After dealing with Launchers (by running into them as I was low on ammo) noticed adjacent building suspended in the air due to me shooting it, or the distant artilliary gun hittting it while shooting at me.

Finally got to last artilliary positions located N-E of village (4 Guns I think) with two AT guns supporting; the framerate held up and was around 9 FPS average for this action.

Strange behaviour/prog for these last 4 Guns, I shot all the crews/soldiers, and they kept firing (spooky) enough to frighten any superstitious Ivan. I guess you've got to get a hit with your main 88 to destroy the Arty Guns but I was out of ammo. Then having disabled one AT gun (it still showed up on the map) and knocked out the other I had nothing left and had to exit.
I did operate in immortal mode finally, as my tracks were knocked out twice and I couldn't summon any Hannomags for repair although I tried. Don't know if they are programmed into this mission anyway.
As this was the case I couldn't see why the bulk of the support force remained on the outskirts of the village again. One solitary Tiger came up to the AT ditch and barbed wire - I got through but the other tank (I like to think it was Lc) got knocked out. That was my only support and it didn't last long.

Good job Zee I think I am just on the limit of playability when the FPS drop to say 5.6 to 6.3, happily (for me) this didn't last very long, but I feel for those members like indebin who suffer a big FPS hit.

Now interested to see what results the others manage.

Briefly: much much better for me, and I wouldn't like to have a lesser performance (FPS) then this. (This is a Very big map too - nice)

Thanks for the updates so far and hope this has been useful.
Best Wishes - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote