View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 12:17 PM   #48
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
if I remember correctly I have a couple of Fresnel lenses modelled and textured, though right now I can't say which order they belong to. They are made according to the data I mentioned above, so they should be pretty accurate, though low-poly. If you think you can put them to use, I can check them and send them your way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaowl View Post
Of course: I´m not sure if I can put them to good use, but at least I can try it.
Check your PM inbox please.

The two low-poly models I sent you portray a 1st order and a 4th order Fresnel lens. They are correctly scaled relative to the SH proportions and they are already triangulated. Other than that, they might/will require some further post processing in order to be imported with GR2 Editor and to look good in game (removal/splitting of the hard edges, removal of the inner lens faces, setting up of a different materials for the crystal lenses than the one used for the metal frame, etc.).

As you can imagine from my comments above, I never used them in game, but I am glad to offer them to you and I am sure you that, with your time, you will do a good job with them. The one favour I ask you in change, is to keep updating us on your progress, on the problems you are facing, and on the workarounds that you are finding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaowl View Post
It would be great to have a library file with different lenses and maybe I can ask Kendras, if he allows me to use some of his "special effects" (presupposed they work in SH5 as well).
I already told you how to get in touch with him, but I am sure that, as long as you give him credit for his work, he won't have any problem granting you the permission to use it.

On a side note: SHIII particle generators have much in common with SHIV and SH5 ones. All the old generators should perfectly work in SH5 and, when importing SHIII-IV particle effects into SH5, you can always copy the parameters of old generators in the new ones. Btw: If you like using Skwas' Silent3ditor, I definitely recommend you to patch it with this extension by Rosomaha:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...79#post2438679

Perfect for messing with the generators of the three games using just one tool!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote