View Single Post
Old 08-17-17, 07:12 PM   #10
MilitaryAttractions
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Great video's MilitaryAttractions. Thanks for posting them not only here but on Youtube for all to enjoy.

I had the chance to see Panchito, one of the B-25's in your video, up close and personal at an airshow. The air show had other aircraft including a North American T-6 Texan trainer aircraft and Russian Yak fighter aircraft. A P-51 Mustang was scheduled to be there as well but had had engine problems in the week before the appearance which remained unsolved. The P-51 didn't make an appearance at the airshow. I made a few purchases that day including Panchito patches.

All of the puchases and the entry fee's help keep these aircraft flying. You could also purchase rides aboard the B-25 in various locations including the engineer's seat behind the pilots. I had no idea there were 11 surviving B-25 bombers left.

Panchito was the star attraction that day and most stayed to salute it when it took to the air and departed.
I was really suprised at how many B-25's there are still flying. The EAA Museum actualy owns a B-25 as well that is being actively restored. I gave a small donation and toured it as well. Not a whole lot of space in this plane!

MilitaryAttractions is offline   Reply With Quote