View Single Post
Old 09-17-11, 11:06 AM   #176
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMN_Avenger View Post
Subsim is by far the worst host I have ever used in about 10 years of Internet use.
I'm sorry you feel that way. The problem is indeed cost. Other free hosting sites offset the cost with advertising, something we've tried to keep at a minimum.

Quote:
10 files a DAY? This would be bad as an April's fools joke.
How many would you like? Have you ever posted here other than to complain. The point here is to get people involved in the community. If all you want is free downloads, you might find this site to your liking:
ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2...MODS/MAKMAN94/

Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMN_Avenger View Post
Calm dowm my ass!
If all you want is a free ride, you're right - you can act like a spoiled child all you like. If you want to take part in the community and make friends here, then you might indeed want to act a little more like a mature adult.

Quote:
There's countless free hosting services out there with minor (in comparison to the insane idiocy SubSim uses) setbacks like Rapidshare's time limit and even a whole lot of other services with no odd limitations at ALL!
Ecxept of course for the part where they take files down after a short time with no downloads, and the mods are lost. We've been complaining about that for years now, hence the Downloads section here, where things are never taken down, so you can take all the time necessary.

Quote:
You're trying to tell me that because I downloaded a 70Kbytes mod that's gonna collapse the servers?!
No one is trying to tell you anything. You might want to take it up with the site owner rather than browbeat all of us who have no control over it at all.

Quote:
The system this site uses it bull**** and whoever designed it never took a course in online storages.
Quote:
There is absolutely nothing forcing you to use the incredibly ****ty hosting provided by SubSim over solid, proven hosts like say, Mediafire or even better FileFront.
Before this goes any further I will respectfully request that you read and follow the forum rules regarding language.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq...._item_language

Quote:
Just because something is free doesn't mean you can avoid any semblance of professionalism.
And just because you are personally offended doesn't mean it's not professional. Your own behavior on this thread is hardly exemplary.