View Single Post
Old 06-11-16, 10:14 AM   #12
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by burroughs View Post
The issue was wrong database file related - once I installed the 1980 - 2015 basic one I was able to launch the introductory walk-through scenario with no problem so the case must have been I had messed with the database files before.
I am glad to hear that you managed to resolve this problem.

Quote:
Watching your YT tutorial I am assuming you have used a custom notepad file to rewind the instructions from the walk-through scenario description and orders? I did the same thing even though at first I had had the impression it was covered by the game interface. Which then means I am getting smarter as I go with all of the help and insights provided here & there and that is exactly the way it is supposed to be happening.
Yes, I merely copied the orders into Notepad and then re-sized the game windows so that Notepad appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Quote:
Thanks again even though originally this thread was supposed to refer to another thing. BTW, in the Stennis scenario the date in the weather forecast section is in line with the scenario setting - 2016 - and not that nasty Dec 21st 1970.
The ability to enter an actual date while creating a scenario was only some recently added chrome/fluff. It is purely superficial. For over twenty-five years, no one even mentioned it.

I think that most players select the "Show Game Time Remaining" option under the Game Options menu (Ctrl+K), as that is the only relevant information.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote