View Single Post
Old 02-15-09, 11:30 AM   #4
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Dogger Bank is a problematic battle to do at present because the Jutland game is set up for 1916. It's not just the obvious thing of having to use a Brit AC for Blucher, it's fire control In very early 1915, things were rather different in that regard, which tended to put Brit and German BC gunnery fairly close to parity. By 1916, however, the German BCs shot way better than the Brit BCs, and that's how things are in Jutland. So that's what you'll see here.

This presents a serious balance problem for a Dogger Bank scenario with the historical OOB. Under the 1916 gunnery conditions modeled in the game, the Germans have a very substantial advantage. They will score significantly more hits in a give period of time than the Brits will, effectively making the Brits outnumbered even though they have a few more BCs. The AI will realize this and fight accordingly.

We hope someday to produce expansion packs for Jutland, extending the timeframe on both ends of 1916. If that ever happens, we'll have early-war versions of the existing ships, plus of course Blucher. At that point, this scenario should work much better.

I agree with you that the scenario editor should allow you to set an objective for a fleet. The game actually supports this already, but it's only available to developers at present, and not via the scenario editor. I've mentioned this myself a few times, but it would probably be good to hear it from customers as well. Why not go to the bug report server and send in a ticket with the SUGGESTION type selected, asking for this?
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote