View Single Post
Old 04-30-08, 01:30 PM   #14
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold
All the issues except the system crash are semi resolved. They come and go and can be "tweeked". The no eyes one i cant get rid of but i can just pretend i have the crew from event horizon.

The system crash one is boggling. If i turn all settings down to minimum... i dont get a problem... turn them up to how "its ment to be played" (the nvidia and ubi advertisment)... and its just cant handle it. System freezes... sounds locka nd repeat and then a few seconds later, the blue screen of death. System then restarts and i get 2 error reporting boxes come up stating that windows has suffered froma critical error and needs to send information. The second error reporting box comes up and states that nvidia software has suffered from a problem and is sending a error report... It then comes back stating that it has a resolution... Nvidia softare drivers need to be updated... even though they have been updated and all hotfixes installed. I have tried beta drivers and instead of blue screen of death i get black screen of complete fubar and then have to manualy restart system. (i have also dleted all remains of previous drivers and started again but to no avail).
You have a tough one on your hands that is for sure. Suspect the following aside from the OS and videocard not cooperating.

1.) Power supply not working well or overheating.

2.) GPU overheating.

3.) CPU overheating.

4.) Memory issues...bad memory...bad bus loads. Needs Memcheck done.

As far as installing Nvidia drivers and uninstalling them....did you clean out the remnants of the drivers using any kind of utility like Driver Cleaner in between reboots?

I am on XP Pro, so I have no idea what Vista is doing. But you may want to rule out hardware issues and go from there.

Very frustrating. Good luck!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote