View Single Post
Old 11-15-14, 04:36 PM   #2299
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

STEP? Is that a particular modder? Or site for mods?

Now I've got the bug to get back into the game again, currently going through mod list and making some of the changes I noticed I wanted in the last playthrough... also decided to step things up with a couple of my own mods, I'd done one that made it possible to get into Snow Veil Sanctum through the "back door" and go as far as the word wall, so it was no longer questlocked. Moved all references to the relevant TG quest out of the cell so nothing was triggered by going in there. Obviously a mod for characters that will never join the TG, which is basically all of mine at this point.

Anyway I've now changed the mod to unlock all of Snow Veil Sanctum, and allow followers in, so it should be possible to go through the whole dungeon without ever joining the TG or breaking the game if I haven't. I hate major locations being locked like that now that I've done the TG and am unlikely to do it again.

Now trying to do the same thing with Brinewater Grotto, removing the TG triggers and quest-related stuff and making the start of the area accessible from outside the East Empire Warehouse. Although I'm thinking of making it locked and putting the key somewhere that would require my character to earn it. Not sure how that's going to work out, but we'll see.

Other things on my to-do list are figuring out a way to make certain irritating NPCs either go away or shut the hell up, most notably the constantly force-greeting Vigilant in Markarth outside the Abandoned House. I'VE TOLD YOU I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING TYRANNUS NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!! Gawds what a tool. I usually just disable him with the console but it would be nice to have him still in the game just in case, even if the only reason to do that quest is to flip off Molag Bal by deliberately failing it. I'd just like to have the option to bring it up with him myself after one convo, instead of constantly fending him off when all I want to do is get my other business done in the city.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote