View Single Post
Old 03-29-08, 01:33 PM   #10
mlp071
Watch

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
I can say that it delivers. But the Pacific experience is far, far from the fatalistic death spiral of the Atlantik. This is a South Seas vacation featuring tonnage galore. You will seldom fear for your life and T3 Tankers frolic in the warm seas for your benefit.There are goodies you are used to that aren't here yet. For instance, we are waiting for the OLC GUI to make its appearance.

U-Boats in the Pacific will never take the place of U-Boats in the Atlantik no matter how good the game. SH3 lives on and deserves hard drive real estate!
Yeah, i agree. Despite great job by mods , i found PTO extremily easy after playing GWX for long time.In one patrol i can get 100+ tonnage, no probs, which i don't care about as much i would, since i can walk away without scratch 10 out of 10 times.

I think that issue is that IJN was awfull in anti-sub war IRL(unlike Brits and co in Atlantic) and unless you give them some major unrealistic advantages(which would ruin my interest), you are in for Carnival cruise.

I wonder how hard/easy would be playing with IJN subs, although it would be completely ahistorical.
mlp071 is offline   Reply With Quote