View Single Post
Old 03-30-16, 01:54 PM   #18
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default MUST HAVE !

I know this is almost repeating myself from another post in this thread about this weather fix, but to put it mildly, this is a MUST HAVE ! I have played SH III several days now with this fix, and I can say this for sure:
  • It completely repaired my " hosed weather " on one computer. ( That's another story in itself, but totally my fault )
  • It was activated via JSGME in mid patrol with an instant improvement on my other computer and another patrol.
  • I even had rain when in port at start of patrol. that has never happened to me before. I was under the impression that it was always fair weather as you begun a patrol, then changed afterwards, but I could be wrong on this point. Feel free to correct me here.
  • after 3 days of both computers running SH III, I have not had a storm last more then 2½ to 3 days and about 3 to 4 days of " overcast to clear weather ", with varying wind speeds. I've even had a storm last only about 6 or 7 hours.
  • it's easier to catch a window of opportunity, to transfer external torpedo's onboard too.
There are many, many, GREAT mods and fixes to SH III, but this fixed, one of the things that used to get me frustrated, you know, the 20day storms at 15m/s, only to see the sun for a day, then it was back to a 20day storm again. Thought my input here would be helpful to anyone looking to improve their gameplay. It has just made the game better for me. hope this helps.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote