View Single Post
Old 04-29-12, 07:35 PM   #1624
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I have come to use some mods now. First, one to improve the darkness of nights, which thankfully also tames the hyperbrightness of fires a bit, giving fires at night a much more golden, warm look. Then two soundmods (sounds of skyrim), a levelling mod to slow the pace of levelling and making monsters level up higher as well, and finally several homes.

And of these, two I liked so much that they really touched my heart. So far, my favourite hiome was the default house in Riften, it was the most "gemütlich" of the five default homes. There are many homes created by modders, some incredibly huge and complex castles (Castle Grey... wowh...), then one that I liked due to its hidden place (Dragon Falls), but it causes the game to have many graphical artefacts and clipping issues all over the world suddenly, so I switched it off again, and it was a bit too cold in colours anyway, though the diea with those many fountain walls was nice. A wonderfully done rangers' keep at Riverwood, which looks extremely inviting and makes a nice, small holiday domicile.

Then I ran into Roriksberg, which has a nice feeling of a safe but besieged wagon fort and looks very cozy and warm at night, plenty of fires there. I thought it could not get any more "gemütlich" than this, but -

Then I discovered Mist Top. And that one knocked me out of my shoes. It is not monumental, but also not small, it is absolutely original in design, has some very nice visual ideas, and it simply is - well, I felt gifted, as if it were real. Very, very cozy, a feeling of very safety, very gemütlich, some unusual ideas in architecture (the library...), and when I arrived there, it was night, and the beauty of the place just stunned me. This is probably the most beautiful place I know in Skyrim, fascinating, I felt like a little kid back in my childhood days building a porate nest in some hidden corner of the nearby woods without getting seen by the adults. Some of the monumental XXXL-homes in Skyrim are really impressive in complexity and size, but you fell islated and lopnely in them, so making me feeling at home, touching my heart and making me yearning to be there in real, only Mist Top and Roriksberg, also that Rangers Keep at Riverwood acchieved.

Maybe home mods are not your thing, but do yourself a favour and at least try Mist Top. If that place would be available to me in real life, I would immediately move there and happily spend the rest of my life writing poetry there.

I also did not note ANY artifacts there, no clipping errors, no visual glitches, nothing. Perfect place! It now becomes my residence in my new restart of the game.