Thread: Falcon 4 BMS
View Single Post
Old 12-09-17, 01:20 PM   #44
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

The F4 simulation I used to play in the past was F4 Allied Force which is roughly similar to F4 BMS which I don't like because it hasn't so many settings for modifying the campaign, also you in F4AF you can play various world scenarios like Desert Storm, Taiwan, Middle East, etc.
I had to stop playing it because there are no widescreen cockpits in 1920x1080 , only 4:3 ones, otherwise I would cheerfully stick with this legendary sim. A pity.

BMS is way too realistic for me and too difficult playing with a joystick or HOTAS, it doesn't reflect modern fly-by-wire electronics in modern planes anymore as far as radar systems, satellite tranmission technology etc. is concerned, so it's rather a simulation of the end 20th century fighter planes, but with nicer grafics all compatible with 16:9 or 16:10 resolutions.
Real pilots nowadays have however quicker and better response times when handling planes and their systems...They can concentrate doing their job instead of purely flying the plane...In fact, you would be surprised how real subsystems, radars are 'simplified' compared to BMS so pilots get infos and results quicker.

An alternative to BMS is FreeFalcon 6 or 5.5 for which I have combined the files to get past of some bugs. It has better playable CV operations etc, but you may struggle finding all the files and cockpits to download - the project is not active anymore.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-09-17 at 01:36 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote