View Single Post
Old 09-10-17, 12:09 PM   #41
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I recommend to search for and find the manual for the Realism Patch 5 or 3. Not every detail may be matching with BMS, but all in all you get an idea, also on background and sensors. It were these manuals by the RP group that got deep into F4, more than anything else. But it is quite a read, though an exciting one. Back in those days, manuals of this size were unknown.

Do not give up too early, its worth it.

With DCS, system studying can become even "worse".

P.S.

https://sites.google.com/site/falcon4history/files

Superpak SP 3 or 4 should help, too.
Thank you very much! I haven't looked into any of the manuals yet, I'm in a bit of a rush today. Is there a quick-reference key binding guide anywhere? I have been looking for and found a button-map file for my HOTAS that i've downloaded to get started. Plan is to dive in this week. Read some of the manuals this week and then start flying next saturday.

If there are any checklist pages or quick-reference guides I can print out and have with me at my desk, that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thats the correct order. Its like in racing sims. First you leanr alone, track and car - then you join MP to mess up the day of others as well. I hate it if newbies who visit some traxck for the first time ever, immediately start that in MP. Do 15-20 laps on a track alone before MP.

With flying, its comparable. You should know the basics and essentials before joining MP.
This is exactly true. Racing is easily compared to flying, definitely. I wouldn't put the burden of my lack of knowledge onto my wingmen.

Nobody likes a Blue Falcon.