Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
first time i got around to trying a playable ship

a few questions though, i was wondering if the lack of range finder was done on purpose and if so why? i mean they would have someone to calculate a range estimate so blindly shooting isnt the way it was done.

how do you use the other AA turrent? i tried clicking on the AA gun again but it doesnt change position.
Hope you like it. As for lack of range finder, since I am a 'beginner' I don't have a clue what you mean. edit: I was just thinking, would that be the UZO or TBT? If it is I thought it was used for targeting for torpedos. If that is what you mean, it is a simple matter to add one. Didn't put it in because I need a torp tube to make the boat work, but if you fire it, your ship blows up.:rotfl:. So if that is what you are talking about, let me know, I'll make sure to add it.

Peabody
yes the uzo, i use it to get range estimate for deck guns then adjust from there.

the binoculars dont show the range on its screen so its hard to judge a starting range.

the AA gun, im using 1.5 with no other mods and i only have 1 AAgun button
next to my deck gun button.

as for the mod, yes i like it a lot.

one suggestion though, simply remove all torpedos, by having zero inventory, you cant accidentally shoot one because you dont have any.

also since your using deck guns at long range you should double the zoom level on deck gun sight so its visual sight can see the ships your shooting way off on the horizon, as it is now they are barely visable to me yet im under fire from them so i think that needs to be looked at.

also what do you mean when you say "I wish I knew more about doing damage on these things but unfortunately I don't." what kind of damage? hit points and armor or ship damage modeling?
Tried the remove all torpedos, it crashes. I had only one and I removed it and CTD. Put it back in and all is well. I am going to try something that I forgot to do, I am going to try putting a torp in the stern storage, since it won't load into the forward tubes and see if that will work.

Ok, UZO and TBT are the same thing right? No problem, like I commented, left out on purpose, but easy to put in. Wasn't thinking of using for range. I hardly ever use the deck gun on the sub so I didn't even think of it.

The deck gun zoom increase, I have never tried, so I don't know how to do it, I will look and see if I can figure it out.

The AA buttons I have two here, and I'm stock 1.5 except for ROW sound effects. Here's my hud, blue buttons for port and starboard. Anyone else reading this if you have this problem let me know. I'll try to figure out why.

Yes on the damage question, the areas and how to figure out where and what type and so on, I know some have been working with it and I understand the concept, just not how to "put it all together" with zone types and where those zones are. And I understand they are a handful to deal with.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote