View Single Post
Old 08-20-17, 11:26 AM   #13
andyboydinomon
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

So I found out how to change the color of the nato units on the strategic map.

Add the below lines or change the existing "PlayerIconColor" in the override/campaign/campaign001/campaign_data.txt file. Add them to the [Sprites and Toolbar] section. (Not sure if the section makes any difference but it keeps it organized). You may need to copy and paste an original copy from the default/campaign folder. You will have to do it for each campaign you have 001 is the 1984 campaign, 002 is the 1968. I have 003 which is the awesome 2004 campaign from LTGBeam. For me only the 001 campaign had these lines and I changed the PlayerIconColor number until I could see it more clearly on the Enhanced map mod then added the lines to the other campaigns. I use the "Darker" map as it works well with the new player color. All colors of text or images work like this from 0-255... red,green,blue,transparence. So... all 255's are white. 0,0,0,255 is black. changing the transparence is a neat feature....

Anyways, I changed the Player Color to the numbers below. It is a very vibrant blue, but it is very 'see-able'. The enemy and contact over time I left as is. It is the russian red and gets darker and darker over time as the contact fades. You can change the numbers as you like to get it how you want. It is the same idea as errOr changing the ocean and sea text color to be seen on the enhanced map.

***ADD BELOW LINES***

PlayerIconColor=0,90,255,255
EnemyIconColor=255,0,0,255
ContactOverTimeColor1=255,0,0,255
ContactOverTimeColor2=192,0,0,255
ContactOverTimeColor3=128,0,0,255
ContactOverTimeColor4=64,0,0,255

PS- Great mod, cheers to errOr. I hope you don't mind me messing with the unit colors. Knowing the sea depth completely changes how and when you engage contacts!!

andyboydinomon is offline   Reply With Quote