View Single Post
Old 06-03-13, 09:43 PM   #71
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

"Animal House" is another good comedy.

Another good recent movie (2010 I think) "Kick Ass" I really like the part where Kick Ass protects the dude getting jumped and pretty much is getting beat down but he refuses to leave the man.

Seems to me like the peak for comedies was the early '80s they where just funnier.

Today most comedies try to please too many audiences and usually when they do that the humor is flat and forgettable.A recent exception would be "The Hangover" very funny movie they really should have left it at that "Hangover has some funny moments but it is pretty much the same thing only in Thailand.

Another problem these days "Romantic Comedies"....I dont really need to say more but no one really likes these.

I think the entire "satisfy" various audiences to cover the most demographics ideology with most films these days is what makes movies less interesting long term.Even the decent movies just are not as good as they used to be.There is also too much focus on bombarding the screen with too much action which makes it hard to focus on what is going on which in turn makes you less interested.

"Avatar" for example there is just too much going on in most scenes and the CGI just looks too clean or something it makes the world look unnatural.

Too much CGI is a problem in many movies.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote