View Single Post
Old 08-12-09, 03:42 AM   #24
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Much appreciated

I made my post re the crashing games just to complain. I did not expect you folks to jump on the problem. A very nice surprise, indeed. I do not have the technical expertise to fix it.

Hey, I am getting damn good at sinking ships. I play with map updates on and a camera view so I can admire my work. I used the Easy AoB mod, some of Webster's mods, and FOTRS. FOTRS has an overabundance of airplane attacks (it was driving me insane), so I activated No Airstrike mod.

Today I sunk a subchaser and destroyer that were stationary at ranges of 4,000 and 4,150 yards yds. Their crews must have been sleeping. What makes these two attacks interesting is that it was a 3 a.m., dark, and I was unable to use the range fix to the TGT that is part of the Easy AoB mod, as getting an accurate reading from the range/aspect ratio TGT dial was imposssible because of darkness and distances to the targets (I could barely make them out.) I ended up measuring range with the ruler/compass tool and manually setting the range/aspect ratio TGT dial because I had enabled manual use of the TGT range dial via a mod fix to the cfg file.

I intended to fire 2 torpedoes at each target. I did not check my torpedoes and the first two fell short as they were 36 kt. torpedoes. My remaining torpedoes were Mark 14's. I fired 4 of them. By mistake I fired 3 torpedoes, instead of 2, at the destroyer. While they were en route I fired the 4th at the subchaser. Four hits and two warships sunk. I am a happy camper.