Thread: Subsim Truckers
View Single Post
Old 04-20-14, 05:56 AM   #30
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Knight of the road is a noble profession, Red. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until you turn 21 if you want to take up the career.
Something to think about if you survive your flying career.

Now all you guys know why Wolferz, Swamprat, Privateer and Aktungbby are nutz!

When you're out there running fast with 40 tons under your butt and impatient four wheelers are running amok around you, you tend to go a bit nutz. Then there's all the Billy Bob truckers to contend with too.
Next time you're in a truckstop, Neal, pick up a copy of The interstate Exit guide. It'll tell you what's near each exit in the way of places to park. Don't sleep on ramps or in Wal-Mart parking lots. If you want to rest yourself at a truck stop, be in there before 3:00 PM or you won't find a parking spot. Then you have to hope and pray that some reefer driver doesn't park his donkey next to your sleeper.

I was running west through Gallup New Mexico one sunny afternoon when some wild man came flying past me in a K-womper (Kenworth). It was a bit windy with 30 MPH gusts. A gust hit this guy's empty trailer on the port side and next thing you know he's crossing all the lanes right in front of me. He went all the way to the break down lane and then crossed back all the way to the jersey barrier before he finally regained control of it.
I tried to raise him on the CB to deride his idiocy of running balls to the wall with an empty trailer in the wind. He ignored me or didn't have a CB radio. I figured that I would see him stopped down the road to clean the crap out of his britches.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote