View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 03:43 PM   #199
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I have stored the roche de la Plate in a 'Rocks_skerries_shoals' library file. You should place it at the very same coordinates and orientation as the lighthouse for the two parts to match exactly. Even so, their relative vertical placement will be a matter of trial and error. Ideally, the rock should start exactly where the lighthouse base ends (the pre-rendered 'shadow' on the rock base should guide you), and it should extend all the way to the sea bed. Let me know which adjustements will be needed. If you want, I can provide you with a ruler which will help you in estimating by how many meters I need to move the rock up/dow.
I will convert it into a terrain object. No need to adjust manually vertical placement. I'm going to try this right now.

Quote:
Just for eye candy, I have edited the properties of all the materials used. Glass and metal should be more reflective than concrete now. Let me know if you can see any difference in game
I had already fixed that too by improving the specular strength for the metal texture (25 for concrete and 125 for metal, and difference is visible in game).

Quote:
P.S: I forgot to mention that the rock should be collisionable. Only the rock, not the lighthouse (yet). Let me know if collision is detected correctly
No problem.