Old 12-27-11, 10:17 PM   #204
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
These are not SATA SSDs?
I have two OCZ Vertex 3 MAXIOPS in a RAID0 config. Theoretically speaking I should be seeing > 1100MB/sec read speeds (each SSD is > 550MB/s read) since they are in RAID0 but I only see ~ 600 MB/sec. This is due to the controller on the MB (Asus Crosshair V Formula). There is only 'one' channel usually for SATA and it's usually an X4 or X6 channel.
I put everything on the RAID0 - OS, games, etc. I disabled the page file, indexing, all that crap that isn't needed and will only degrade the SSD overtime.
Point is your motherboard determines everything about your system. If you have a so-so MB then you'll have so-so experience.

For some reason those using Intel based MBs with the same drives in RAID0 can get read speeds > 1000MB/s. That really pisses me off to no end (I'm an AMD fan).
Yeah, I was wondering about those Corsair Force GT Series 120GB Solid State Drives myself. Not sure if the Mother Board has built in support for these drives but I need to pick up mounting brackets anyway so I may pickup a Controller at same time if needed. Just need Mother Board to get here because they were not sure what Model was ordered.
The Main Board is supposed to be here Tuesday but I am willing to bet it will be at least a day later.
-=[EDIT]=-
I checked and the Corsair Force GT Series 120GB Solid State Drives are SATA 3 type drives. It is printed right on the front of the drive.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 12-28-11 at 08:00 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote