View Single Post
Old 11-16-18, 09:24 AM   #4
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

One thing I have long wondered and never asked for fear of being told "read the manual" is about "merging contacts".

Let's say I am at periscope depth, I raise the radio & ESM masts and periscope and there is a few surface ships in the area.

I can then get the same contact via visual, sonar, ESM etc. and perhaps a friendly unit has identified it so it also shows up via Link.

Initially there might be 3 or 4 "contacts" in the vicinity - with enough time that goes by, the auto TMA assistant will put some of them together as a Master contact.

Unfortunately it never puts them together with the Link contact. If you go into manual TMA, you can "Merge" some contacts together manually. You can't do that with everything though and you can't use the Link in the merge area.

I have been wondering if there is a way (that I haven't figured out) to use the mouse to merge contacts on the screen? I am wondering if it was "vanilla-vs-DW?" ? I know in "vanilla" DW, you could use the mouse to shoot the Harpoons in the FFG-7s, that isn't in the DW, could merging contacts be something like that?

OK Thanks.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote