View Single Post
Old 04-14-06, 06:32 AM   #22
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

while Joe's article makes for great reading and all, fortunately for Joe... he doesn't serve aboard the subs that will have to deal with the weapon...

he can can certainly afford to be so 'sure' about his assertions...

you can take this as bible, just like some people believe Tom Clancy to be the high priest of submarine warfare... but anyone with half an operating pshyce will realize that Clancy has never served on a sub at all... he's a novelist... a spinner of fanciful tales... stories written for public consumption...

me... i'd rather hear from someone who will be looking the skval right in the eye, so to speak... an article written by them would be a lil more closer to reality as far as i'm concerned...

i've read some of his works (buff)... his accreditations are impressive... i don't necessarily grant him the high standing that some seem to... anyone who downplays the obvious threat that a high speed weapon like that, when combined with today's super quiet, state of the art diesel subs, placed in a littoral ocean environment... well, he is making a grave error in judgement... similar to the same error that 'experts' who said that the Navy's F-4 Phantom shouldn't be deployed with guns because dogfighting was obsolete made decades ago...

the obvious consequences of failing to take the entire spectrum of available facts into account, is historically evident and proven...

--Mike
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense is offline   Reply With Quote