View Single Post
Old 03-30-24, 07:39 PM   #3015
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

[FAZ] The Ukrainian electricity supplier DTEK expects repair times of up to 18 months following the recent damage to its power plants caused by Russian bombing. In the attacks on March 22 and 29, five of the six power plants of Ukraine's largest private electricity supplier were severely damaged, said DTEK manager Dmytro Zakharuk on Ukrainian television. As a result, around 80 percent of the power generation capacity was paralyzed. DTEK power plants usually generate around a quarter of Ukraine's electricity.

Following the massive Russian attacks on energy facilities in Ukraine, the state grid operator Ukrenergo temporarily switched off power in several regions on Saturday. The energy supplier DTEK announced "emergency power cuts" in the regions of Dnipropetrovsk in the south and Donetsk in the east of the country. In the regions of Sumy in the north-east and Poltava in the center of the country, the regional authorities announced the interruption of the power supply. The energy supplier and the authorities did not provide any information on the number of households affected.
------------------------

Its not just the households and hospitals and powerplants missing power - its also the producing factories where they want to build ammo and weapons.

It gets repprted that the Ukrianian air defence has significantly lost in efficiency, due to lacking ammo. The Russians will make hay while the sunny day lasts. Means: degrading of the critical infrastructure will grow much worse - and since it already has suffered terribly, the destruction likely will accelerate in pace.

I still see only symbolic and not really decisive decisions and actions being taken in Europe, Washington. As long as this does not change dramatically, I stick to saying: Ukraine is in the process of loosing the war, and likely sooner than some predict. The way things go now you cannot win against the Russians in Ukraine.

I expect not more than cosmetic corrections from the imminent delivery of F-16s. They are simply not enough.