View Single Post
Old 05-12-18, 10:14 PM   #3
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

The only sensors I've played with are the generic AI passives, LF Pas and MF/HF Pas which aren't used on playable subs. I've adjusted a few mast positions. I just tried a quick test mission in Reinforced Alert (which I haven't altered or tweaked etc) and the same thing happened. Its only on the narrowband search the classification system pops up with a contact on the opposite beam again on the sphere array - it happened in both boats I tested: 688i and SSN21 you cant see any frequencies, there is nothing on the broadband at that bearing its just the auto classification system that detects it.

I just reinstalled and it happens in vanilla unmodded also. I'm not sure it matters greatly, but I have in the past dragged my cursor along the narrow band search panel to spot contacts, sometimes assuming that if the classification system offers up something even when I don't see any frequencies, then something is there... I guess I can't assume that.

EDIT:
So after a bit more testing.. its nothing to do with the undersea terrain. Seems like a bug maybe. You need to have your towed array streamed for it to happen. When you select the sphere array its classification system will detect mirrored but no freq's are displayed. If you withdraw your towed array it stops and the classification system behaves as it should. Its as if the classification system is tied to all arrays simultaneously.

Last edited by Jace11; 05-14-18 at 08:24 AM.
Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote