View Single Post
Old 06-18-17, 05:11 PM   #164
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
May I hope to try "La Vieille" in-game during this week-end ?
The "petite" one has been near completion for a few days, but I took a short break from it, sorry

Before I start importing it, I need to know whether I should set it up as a terrain object or as land unit. You have the last word on it, but I insist on the latter option. The reason is below.

During my short pause from 3D modelling I made some research, and I got confirmation that several French lighthouses were destroyed during the Nazi occupation (due to mining by the Germans or to British bombings) and the big majority of them had their lights dimmed or their lenses removed.
Sure enough, some aspects of these changed lighthouse policies, such as lights being switched on only when German vessels were crossing the waters in front of the main Atlantic ports, are hardly replicable in game, but many others can be easily simulated if lighthouses are treated as units rather than being set as static objects. What do you think?

Before you answer, please read carefully this excellent article that the information above was mostly taken from:

https://www.cairn.info/revue-guerres...4-page-109.htm

I guess you get by in French much better than I do
gap is offline   Reply With Quote