View Single Post
Old 09-11-09, 03:54 PM   #14
nattydread
Captain

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireship4 View Post
Don't forget the TDC was a fleet boat device for storing and automatically updating target information by using your boat's movements and the predicted movements of the target, I don't know that the U-boats had an equivalent.

I understand you may all be using it to represent the targeting mechanism of whichever boat you are on though.

So right, I was dissapointed that I couldnt "build" a solution with the TDC by plugging in data I had and observing & updating them over time.

I also hated how few and little fidelity the plotting tools and time stamps were on the map for plotting targets solution.

Ever try plotting a target's course using range data, bearings and time on the SH4 map?...it never gave a useable result...at least not for me. I think Ive even used passive and active sonar bearings and ranges...still no useable results...and this was on non-zigging targets.

I'd like to make use of all tools while stalking targets...for the love of crickets, there is certainly enough time to do it while running an end around.
nattydread is offline   Reply With Quote