View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 03:29 AM   #25
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Is GWX4 bad? That was funny. THe only bad thing about it is that it's not ready yet.
Let's see:
- firing blind means using the PK on the us boats. If your solution is perfect, you can keep track of your target without using your scope. One quick check to see if the bearing is ok, then bring down periscope again. Wait for the range and angle to be perfect than fire "blind". Next best thing to having guided missiles.
- u can see the gyroangle as an arrow on the us TDC, and as a number on the german notepad. What it says is "after about xxx yards of going straight (not sure how many, about 100?), I'll go to this relative bearing". The bigger the angle and the smaller the distance, the larger difference will be between what you think is right and what it thinks is right. For example, firing on a target at your 310, at 500 meters, will need a gyroangle of about 270 or something like that.
- the fast 90 attack is better for uboats. The speed is the hardest thing to get, but if your plotting is ok, then you get both the speed and the AOB when the target will cross your path. You can then adjust your course so that THAT Aob will be a perfect 90. As I said somewhere, with smart use of your TDC you can fire straight torpedoes with little calculation. To cancel out the range, the gyroangle must be 000. Just move your periscope to see when the gyroangle is 000. Wait for the target to cross the line and fire. You can't really miss.
- Torpedoes? I've said it before, only electric torpedoes, because they're invisible. Also, don't know why, but their impact detonator is the best in game. I've had one dud in my last entire carrer.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 07-28-09 at 05:13 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote