View Single Post
Old 07-26-09, 06:31 AM   #20
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblood View Post
For the Uboats in SH4 I do the same thing I did in SH3... totally ignore the notepad.

I set the TDC inputs using the TDC dials on the attack map. A feature that is noticeably absent from the attack map for the US fleetboats!

The real question is...

Why are there no adjustable position keeper dials available on the attack map for the US boats???
Ditto. I never use the notepad for either sim. What many of you guys are trying to do is make a U-Boat into a fleet boat. STOP THAT!

Aaronblood, you are trying to make a fleet boat into a U-Boat. The TDC inputs for the fleet boat work like the real ones, for better or worse. Actually they are neither, just different. Oh, there are no PK dials in a U-Boat. The position keeper is strictly a US fleet boat item.

So we have people with TDC adjustments on the periscope screen who wish they were on the attack map and others with TDC adjustments on the attack map who wish they were on the periscope screen. Why should it make much of a difference?

I also favor the individually aimed torpedo shots and never use spread angles in fleet boats or salvos in U-Boats. I like to know where I'm going to hit. That is why I favor using constant bearing (US terminology) techniques whenever I can. Range doesn't matter and each shot is aimed for a specific point on the target.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote