Old 10-16-17, 12:20 PM   #7
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u47 1956 View Post
Bingo!!!!! Problem Solved

It didn't take long to find the button in the menu_1024_768.ini file. I then deleted it and renumbered the file. No go, it came up with a heap of errors when loading the game. I assume all these were links to the button.

Then i thought why not just move the button off screen, so I changed the screen coordinates for the button to a huge number and saved the file. When I ran the game the button was nowhere to be seen. exactly what i was after.

I then edited the gameplaysettings.cfg file so I would still be able to play at 100% realism.

So now i can play with "Disable WE Assistance" uncheched and not be able to get a solution from the Weapons Officer. I can also quickly find the ship in the manual as 'Sailor Steve' has described in his post.

Thanks again Steve

Cheers

Graeme
I'm not as smart as you are to figure this out. If you ever get time would it be possible for you to write out a step by step procedure for everything you did so us dummies could do what you did? If it's too much trouble don't worry about it. I'm glad you found a solution to your problem.
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote