Old 09-30-16, 09:24 AM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by u47 1956 View Post
Hi Steve

Yes i meant the WE (Weapons Officer), sorry.
Now that I re-read your post I see that you said "Weapons Officer" at the first. I only read the "WO" part, so it was my mistake.

Quote:
I do know about leaving the WE assistance unchecked, but if I do that he will not only be able to Identify the ship but also give me a firing solution as well.
That's odd. I have 'Manual Targeting' turned on, but I don't use it because I'm terrible at it, and all the tutorials in the world haven't helped. I use the WE to get the solutions, but you don't have to. When you lock on the target, click on the WE Icon and select 'Torpedo Attack'. A set of three panels appears in the middle of the screen. The one on the left is 'Identify Target'. Click that one and the name on the notepad will change from "Cargo" to "Small Freighter", or whatever. Then click 'Ship' at the top of the notepad and the Recognition Manual will open to the correct ship. From there you can do it yourself.

Quote:
by the way, you can change the gamplaysetting.cfg file ( located in ..data/cfg ) so you can still play at 100% realism.
Yes you can. Better to set it for 99% though, because at 100% you can't teleport home, which becomes vital if your rudder is destroyed. In real life this was bad, but not catastrophic, as you could steer the boat (a little) using the engines, and the game won't let you do that.