View Single Post
Old 08-04-18, 11:43 AM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

I have though, decide the next time I get a notice from MS I will postpone the updates/upgrades and wait some month.

Markus
That can be easier said than done. Beware. Even more so since microsoft has demonstrated repeatedly in the past three years that they can change terminology just so to make people surrender by choosing the option they read and understand to be what they want - while in fact Microsoft has packed into it what they want not. Remember the "cancel" versus "accept" icon-exchnage that they released over two years ago to make people accept that their W7 machines get upgraded to W10 where in fact they did not want it? Or did you notice how the terminology in W10 options for "selected audiencer" and "general public audience" have been chnaged repeatedly ove rthe past 18 months to make people signing in to early downloading new Windows versions where people in fatc wanted to delayx them as long as possible? That are no accidents, that is intentional. A game they play, its called: Trap they customer.

They will often innocently apologize afterwards, however, if that is of any comfort to you. And then they do it again. You can enjoy and appreciate their warmhearted excuses repeatedly, therefore.

Even the definition of your internet connection as a metered connection has not been safe for everybody to prevent new full builds getting installed against their will. Happened to quite some people with the shift form version 1709 to 1803. If you are unlucky, you get it anyway, no matter what your options are set up like. Options are only accepted by Microsoft if they do not hinder their wanted policies. And their policies are that everybody must participate in the enforced general public beta testing program. They seem to run no internal beta test program anymore. Since years. And it shows. Very badly in January this year, and again, worse, last July. I do not know when was the last time that they had not messed up the majority of their monthly patches. For July, there have been five waves of patches for the patches for the patches for the patches for the July patches, most not even documented. Some patches just were deleted, that good they were. Not just in W10, but in W7 and W8 as well. Thats more than once per week.

Swallow it! And do not complain. That would make you a bad boy and a hypocrite, according to Dowly.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-04-18 at 11:52 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote