View Single Post
Old 07-14-17, 03:23 AM   #13
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

So a bit of good news, I knew there just was something I wasn't getting with the masks, and I've figured it out, so now I've been able to change out the screws on some of the models.

This means that we're going to have the Jack with tandem props using a screw from the Oscar (sorry I can't make them contra-roatating but it will do the job for anybody who wants to use that boat it does have a few advantages over the standard Permit).

The Thresher will have its original 5 blade screw (from the Victor), an I will probably do a 5 bladed version of the Skipjack as well. This prop does look a bit small on this model but I think it is the best of the bunch between the 5 blades that come on the Charlie I or the Alfa.

While its still too small, the Ethan Allen looks a bit better with the 7 blade screw from the Delta IV. I may try it with a 688 screw next and see how that goes.

As far as other units go, I've edited the Sturgeon_68 to reflect the unit availability so now you'll only be assigned boats like Lapon and Queenfish that were actually in service at the time.

And finally, I'm going to include what will probably be my last hypothetical boat called the Orca class (CONFORM equivalent to 688 Flt 2). It kind of explores what could have been the bad side of the CONFORM design and why Admiral Rickover didn't want it.