View Single Post
Old 07-11-17, 10:24 PM   #11
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Update to 1.2 is imminent
Changes
-Split Permit and Sturgeon into sub classes (got the idea from Capt Jack Harkness)
Permit class "Long Hull" (68 and 84)
Jack (68 and 84) (sorry no contra-rotating prop....yet)
Sturgeon class "Long Hull" (only 84 because they did not exist in 68)
-Added Barbel class (68 and 84)
-Added Hypothetical USS Thresher as built with the 7 blade screw (32 knots but louder than a Skipjack)
-Changed Ethan Allen SSN / Thomas A. Edison SSGN to Yankee model (special
thanks to Ramius for getting the model to work with 1 prop)
-Various balancing improvements (GUPPYs and Fleetboats are a bit louder now, so Soviet subs have been quieted down and other adjustments.)
-Changed the ASW STAM to UUM-89B from UGM-89B

I figured I'd throw it out to everyone, as far as the sub-classes go, I've just gone with "Permit (Long Hull)" and think that's fine. The other option would be to go with "Archerfish class" or "Flasher class" which I think will probably cause some confusion.

Also wanted to throw this out there. I'm considering making a 1962-era Cuban Missile Crisis campaign (obviously going to occur in and around the Barents and North Sea) because it goes a bit better with some of the old diesel-boats I've created. While this may end up playing like "easy-mode" (the Soviets will have the SET-53 which only goes 23 knots and is basically their version of the Mk 37) especially for Nuclear-powered boats.

I think this may be a good thing because players will get to experience how under-matched and destabilizing early nuclear boats were. Nautilus especially and even Skate and the Skipjack class after her all caused fits for the friendly surface forces she exercised against.

Last edited by The Bandit; 07-12-17 at 01:41 PM.
The Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote