View Single Post
Old 11-12-17, 11:01 AM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I've got Steam SH5, never had the disk for it, and I do not have that C:\Program Files (x86) folder structure for SH5 on my Win7 64-bit computer. The Steam version can be very frustrating to work with, though doable. Ubisoft support should have been able to "kill" your old install of the disk version, so that you could re-install it. The difficult part for me when working with their "support" system is having to log-in and use their online texting utility instead of just straight email. You get a generic reply the first time, then you get another one that looks like they didn't read what you wrote, and try to point you at the FAQs section of their site, and then finally in about the 3rd or 4th try, they actually read your issue and get you going. Of course, the last time I used their "support" was over a year ago, and a lot happens at software companies in that amount of time.

I don't think I'd delete the Steam stuff, since if it is what's starting the game, it will attempt to overwrite what you have when it finds files missing...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote