View Single Post
Old 07-23-18, 05:32 PM   #10
silenthunter183
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Again, back with another question.
I learned 4 bearing method, it is pretty useful UNTIL target moves slower than 10 knots. When it moves more than 10, it is very hard to catch it up later to approach to better 90 degree position to ship. At least this is my first impressions after trying to use 4 bearing with Real nav on Baltic campaign. Also, most of my calcs are not correct due Real nav errors in plotting my position on map. Except for 4 bearing method and Hydro hunt method (which I can't use now because I don't have range sonar), what is the best way to approach the target with Real nav? I was trying to maintain it visually, to overtake merchant ships, get a little bit closer and then submerge and wait for them, but I found when I do it, I think, not correctly? Ships are very close almost they spot me before I submerge or get on convenient position for attack. I watched 4 bearing method of stoianm and others, but as I said, they have their sub position on map and I'm figuring it out with Real nav. I also did tutorial in-game, but for me it is a little bit "set" (perfect celestial first fix on actual sub position... Game also does everything with ship moving for us, so there's no way to practice it.
What is the best tactic to correctly approach target, with real nav, after doing all calculations e.g. 4 bearing, hydro hunt? I can't find such videos for that, almost all videos aren't using Real nav, and they have sub position on map. If you, better hunters would like to show me correct way, I would be thankful.
Regards!.
silenthunter183 is offline   Reply With Quote