View Single Post
Old 07-11-17, 11:57 AM   #4953
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
I was using the wrong version of LAA for my system and did not realize it until I carefully read through your instructions. I corrected this by using the laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5 that I should have been using in the first place. 3.24 Gb RAM usage now confirmed in the task manager performance tab graph readout. It was around 1.92 Gb previously with the wrong version of LAA in use. Things seem much better now. Smoother graphics overall. And the game is more promptly responsive to time compression changes, view changes, etc. Thank you for your guidance!

I have noticed the green light will light up when I point the sonar head at Japanese aircraft that I have just dove to avoid. Kind of nice to be able to watch them pass by using passive sonar....but not exactly realistic IMHO. I guess using this knowledge constitutes cheating on my part, but hey any advantage to keep myself and the crew alive. Also, last night on stream, I was getting a green light on passive sonar from a fast merchant that I had sunk in the past hour or so. I looked at the bearing and then went to the map. Sure enough the bearing was pointing straight at the little broken red ship tombstone on the map.
Hi Immelmann,
Thanks for your post on the LAA issue. I am also using "LAA ver.2.0.4.0. but my registry shows I have Netframework V4.0.0.0, however when I "Alt.Tab." out of SH-4 FOTRSU_06.2 back to desktop then bring up windows task manager I too can see "memory in use" graph showing that I am using over 2-GBs actually (3.1 to 3.5 GBS)! So again thanks for your post because I wanted away to verify that the LAA program was actually working while I'm running the game!