View Single Post
Old 01-05-13, 06:05 AM   #13
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Alright, I figured instead of adding another thread Id just post this here.

So, Skybird, Ive read and read and read then flown and crashed then read some more and did all of the tutorials and I have to say with confidence I got it. I am now able to pilot prop and or Jets with a slight ease. I finally figured out how to use the flight nav and GPS and have flown some small commercial flights from my home town to IND (20 mins away)

Questions arise now, first problem Ive had is that I was doing a flight from Cleveland to Chicago in a 737 and when I was almost to Chicago my game crashed saying not enough virtual memory? I have the same settings as you and even tested them in LAX to make sure they wouldnt slow me too much and nothing. And then when Im almost to Ohare Int'l (Litterally on my runway approach) it crashes. I shouldnt be having this problem with 16GB of ram should I??

Next, when youre coming in for a landing and talking to ATC and they direct you to land on the Active Runway (Say runway 6R Right) how do you know which runway is the active one? Same thing when youre taxing to the runway, how do can you tell which runway to go to? (I want to try to not use progressive taxi to keep the imerssion factor there)

The other problem I have is my problem with overspeeds. Ive looked through the indexes and cant see a thing about what to do to correct it (I slow down and pull the nose up and extend flaps and sometimes it works) but for say Jetliners, what are some key things to keep in mind so Im not overspeeding??

Also where can I get some other skins so I can actually fly real airlines? (Southwest, American, Delta) annnnd does anyone play online want to fly sometime?

Oh and last but not least, when doing an Insturment Landing in bad weather (Say heavy fog and bad visibility) is there a way to know the altitude the runway is at ? (You can see the feathers for the runway on the nav glass and the lights can be visible but I have not figured out how to know what altitude the runway is at so I dont slam into it... although this is all on the understanding that it actualyl IS possible to land in 0 visibility? But I assumed it is possible with the glass cockpit ILS.

Seriously though, thank you for all of your patience in answering my previous questions. I finally got time to sit down and just focus on it and am so happy I got to learn how to finally fly with Instrument navigation. I think sometime this weekend, Im going to try a flight from Chicago to LAX if I can

Oh and anyother tips would be awesome, I figured out Autopilot can bite me in the ass. I set it to ascend to my cruise altitude and it stalled me in a 747 with such a spin that I slammed into the ground before I could correct it -_-

Cheers,

Casey