View Single Post
Old 10-25-08, 06:06 PM   #25
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

Thanks for this thread!

I spent this afternoon reading the manual to see what the game is about. (Thinking about getting the book as I never read it. I remember it used to be common include theme books with games ... like when I got Flight of the Intruder from Spectrum Holobyte.)

Well, I can get my hands on the game for about $6 (DOS 5.25" ... I haven't seen one of those drives in years ... still always order systems with 3.5" drive ... but it will make my install legal). Reading the manual, conceptually the game should not be too big of a learning curve as all the necessary concepts I have already been exposed to with: Harpoon, Sub Command, and Dangerous Waters.

I am also highly influenced by the fact that it is a Sid Meier early game. So, many of his early games were master pieces like: RT1 and CIV. Although I think that more recent releases reflect much less genious, but instead an attempt to capitalize on the brand which is "Sid Meier".

I'll post back when I've got it set up.

Off to Amazon to see if I can find a cheap copy of the book. But one last question ... is reading the book going to spoil some of the suspense and possible paths of the game for me?

Thanks.