View Single Post
Old 02-04-17, 09:58 AM   #101
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
This is the link to Gap's file I modded to show AO - green weed on rocks should be visible as shown in screenshot in post #90.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0frif35111ektqz

If I have this wrong would someone please share a screenshot or file of what this reef looks like with everything working OK?
I had a look in your file, and I have the same structure. I just don't understand why you changed SO MUCH X, Y, Z values for translation. About texture, without the specular mask, you will see a correct textured rock, as on your own pic :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
The model is now anchored to the terrain.
How did you manage doing that Kendras?
Yes, it's very easy, you have 2 ways to do this :

- create a child node for the 3D model of the rock, which is placed accordingly to the sea surface. The parent node will always be placed at the sea surface if you set "On land=false" in Locations.cfg.

- or just choose the 0 height of the rock model where the sea level must be.

Quote:
According to the_frog, my settings for the AO material were correct, but SquareSteelBar's and MLF's screenies obvious don't show it (Kendras tests are ruled out, because he re-imported the model without the secondary UV map).
There is no problem here. The specular mask just must be deleted, and all works properly after that.

Quote:
The model modified by Kendras is 50% higher than the original model. I think doing that made the model a bit too sharp though.
About model dimensions and aspect, I draw this to help you :

Make something simple, especially underwater. The aspect of the island is important (you can sea a "big" and a "small" island on the left, the black circle is the lighthouse to give the scale. On the right, you can sea how the sides of the rock are diving into the sea bed.

I think it would be much easier to do something looking natural with GeoControl 2 software (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=67), but I don't know if it is a freeware, I didn't find any working download link ...