View Single Post
Old 02-23-08, 09:14 PM   #46
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Wow, this is fascinating. I'm an old-time junkie myself, so whenever anyone started threads about more modern ships and warfare I would always post that it was outside my interest area and I couldn't care less. I know, I too find it annoying when someone posts on a thread just to say he's not interested in that thread's subject. So why post here? Because in spite of my lack of enthusiasm for the subject I think it's great that people who are interested in the era have decided to do something about it. Who knows, I might even be tempted to recreate Nautilus' under-the-icecap polar voyage, or even follow Triton around the world submerged, if that's possible.

A word of encouragement: don't underestimate what you'll be able to do with SH4. It wasn't very long ago that people were saying that it was impossible to have player-driven surface ships in SH3, and now there's the new Schnellboot mod, and everybody's loving it.

Best of luck in this project. Maybe I won't want to play it, or maybe I will. Either way I'll be keeping my fingers crossed hoping that you guys can make it work.