View Single Post
Old 02-15-19, 05:47 PM   #23
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceSub View Post
I think it is time here to reinstall windows....run the updates, download all relevant drivers and test pc to see if it will behave as expected.

Your laptop is capable to play this, I have dell from 2012, 550M nvidia and i7 and recently was forced to replace HDD and I placed SSD there and I can play SH5 no problems at all with 8GB RAM and Win 10.

BTW nvidia control panel has option to check to force programs to use GPU.
Re installing windows is a bit of an overkill to sort out memory problems and time consuming there are more logical steps you can do first. Why not keep task manager open and see where memory is being used it on the details tab. If your really stuck do a system restore.

Do you have 2 Laptops ? its getting confusing your earlier post had specs: Toshiba Laptop GTX 770m and 16Gb RAM a GT550m is quite a big spec drop although is quite capable of most tasks

Using the Nvidea to force the GPU to work should not be necessary your PC will always look for anything in the PCI Slots first although I'm not sure a GT550m goes in a PCI Slot it looks more like an onboard Graphics chip opposed to a conventional GPU card if its Optimus compatible it will switch between the Intel Graphics automatically as and when required
The Latest driver for a GT550m is 391.35 WHQL it is not the same as a GTX 770m which is 418.91 WHQL its worth checking which one you have

Out of interest how much free space have you got on your SSD ? Is the operating system on the same drive and do you have only the one Drive ?
If you provide good accurate info and feedback I'm sure you will get a solution to what I see as a fairly common problem that's not difficult to resolve