Thread: [WIP] Day of Infamy
View Single Post
Old 05-23-15, 02:52 AM   #31
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
The interface I'm thinking of is replacing the Attack Data Tool (the upper right pull-out, on the periscope screen) with something like the German KiUB. I want all dials to be visible at one time. Range, Speed, Ship Height, Relative Bearing, AoB.....available with one look. Once set, you send the cumulative data to the TDC. Right now, you have to navigate through the Attack Data Tool to have the separate dials send their manual data along.
A full slide out TDC instead of the attack tool has always been my dream. I would turn the attack tool exclusively into a high res periscope range dial (Leave only that part) and have a full TDC that allows setting speed and AOb directly. The KiUB allows that, and it should be possible to do a similar thing for the US side.

Sadly it will be a ton of work. But worth it!

If that slide out TDC could be used from the radar station, that would be amazing, but I'm afraid you can only link it to the periscope station interface, not to the main bar.

Quote:
I can make one if there is an interest. Personally I don't see the appeal of that tub

I am making a high definition S-Boat right now as well as several other projects (I work on them as the mood moves me). I can add it to the list if I can secure good reference images.
Where were you some years ago?

If you do a new hull it should suffice to merge it with the rest of the existing Narwhal. I'll arrange the permissions thing, as the subsim narwhal is already a bit dated and a new one would make it useless anyway