View Single Post
Old 08-16-09, 12:57 PM   #24
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

That is a very excellent point. As that era slips inexonerably away into the past, the facts and the truths and the history becomes harder and harder to get. In fact, with the internet we have a sudden revolution of what we can find. When i first began my own research into this, in the libraries of the UK when I lived over there in the 1970's i was very fortunate to find some great sources, but that was quite hard even then. Now there are only a very few men left alive from that time, and the understanding of all of it is hard to come by.

If i have time in a bit, i will try to see what I can find that may help with this for there are some very fine resources now on naval matters of that time but as you say they are not easy to find. I hope maybe there will be a chance for StormEagle to add some of this to their manuals and information, and thanks for making this excellent point. When i found these sims I did not think about this, due to my own past experience with the subject but it is an excellent point to make.