View Single Post
Old 06-11-11, 03:54 PM   #54
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
No, the hurri is a pretty good one in the sense of being sturdy and stable, but be realistic about its performance as a fighter. It'll get shredded by 109s if you go toe to toe with them, so be careful about getting into dogfights as such in the first place, if you don't have advantage. Else stick to attacking bombers.

As I seem to recall, it's only got a trimmable elevator (and rudder? it's been a while so I don't remember for sure). But I haven't had much trouble flying it - it's a good plane with steady controls.
No aileron trim, and so far I've taken out bombers, but it feels way underpowered, I mean it has six barrels and it took me forever to take down some bettys, and I peppered them for a good 20 30 (possible exaggeration) seconds sometimes from behind and saw the flashes from hits and I only got 2 or 3 bombers in the whole mission (I retried it about 5 times but ended up getting to greedy each time and crashing (One I clipped the bombers wing and my wing off with 4 kills already ) so I settled for 2 kills and was happy. As far as fighters, Im in the east and it seems that I can manuever against some some of the japanese planes fine without major problems

And now I have 2 questions, what should I know for dog fighting?

also I am a low rank in my career, so I fly and cover my wingman, he doesn't follow me, so I need to know when we get into a fight (Say attaacking bombers) do I still need to follow him? Or should I break and attack wahtever I can?

And I noticed there is a request homebase for assistance option, does it work? I've pushed it a few times before and nothing.

Plus when Im attacking planes from advantage (Im assuming this means above and out of the blue before they know your there) where should I be aiming? Engine? or trying to hit the pilot? Or clip his wings off (i've done this before) Sorry for all the questions, Im just trying to learn this all aas fast as possible.