View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 07:02 PM   #30
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Thanks skybird you have been a great help, ive been looking for the last few hours about prepa3d and I agree it looks amazing my only thing that concerns me is will the 777 be able to be loaded onto Prepar3d and online flying with VATSIM from what ive read it is possible to connect to vatsim using prepa3d but you need to make a few manual changes to some files.

I personally will go for Prepar3d once my financies settle down (my wallet is still in shock from America) one thing I did find though is you download it from lockheed martin website ? $49.99 if memory serves (only viewed it 2 hours ago).

I just hope it runs on my PC :\
You're welcome. Yes, 50 bucks for the academic version, it has a very very small, almost invisible watermark saying "prepa3d" in the top right corner. In earlier threads on p3d, I posted a screenshot, trust me, it is no issue to worry about, not at all. Yes, LM is the website from which to ownload it. If you think your rig can handle FSX, it should handle P3D even easier, I think. Some people reported a gain of 10-20 frames when comparing both sims on one and the same system. For most, however, it seems to be relatively the same frames. But: greater stability, fewer issues, no in-sim hardcoded RAM limit of 4GB - FSX cannot use more than 4 GB, where P3D specs say 4+ GB recommended. Further recommended specs is - in LM's words from 2009: quadcore with 2 GHz per core.