View Single Post
Old 02-20-13, 05:35 PM   #21
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Thanks for the info I didn't actually know that then again I run fs9 but I do like the pmdg range and I do have pmdg 737ng which is the -600 and -700 models
I know that one also, but I did not like it. Be aware that the 737NG for FS9 and the 737NGX for FSX have absolutely nothing to do with each other, even if they are both by PMDG. The 737NG was, I think, PMDG's first attempt with FS addons, and it shows it. They have come a very long way since then.

Quote:
I also have the pmdg 747 which is very good
Yes, definitely one of the two or three best airliners available for FS9. As I saids in the earlier post: the ATR-72/500, the Level-D 767 and the PMDG 747 were my preferred choices on FS9.

Quote:
and I'm hoping the 777 release will be again very good unfortunately I don't get time to do research due to work
You sure it will be released for FS9? The 737NGX is not for FS9. I know nothing about the 777 release, just heared that it is coming, but I am not assuming they make it a multi-platform release when their last release was FSX exclusively. The Jetstream 4100 already was also exclusively FSX as well.

Quote:
I would like to pick your brain about the up coming release of the 777 do you think it will be a good investment ? Would you buy the product? What sort of expectations would you hAve with this product as personally previous releases of pmdg have been very good.
I wait and see, as I said I know nothing baout it except that it is coming. A good investement for you it will only be if it is FS9 compatible. The better investment for you would be to switch to FSX. The years when FS9 was better for IFR and FSX was better for VFR, are over, it seems. FSX or Prepar3D (consider that before FSX, maybe!) is and good and solid IFR platform now.

PMDG-737NGX is compatible with Prepare3D. Prepa3D is Lockheed Martin's takeover from Microsoft and fuirther developement of FSX. It is described by some users as looking like FSX but performing smoother and faster than FS9. I have set my eyes on it once I do a manual clean system reinstall, not just a back-copy of an image of my HD.

Quote:
I am asking your opinion because I'm pretty sure you have a good handle on flight sims and il be trusting your judgement
I am also an individual with personal tastes and subjective opinions!

Quote:
On another note I did some time ago well many years now buy pss A330/340 pro would you buy any of their products ? I'm mainly asking a comparison pmdg to pss as I would possibly buy pss 777 pro but I don't want to waste my money and if pmdg in your opinion is better il wait
I had the PSS A320 many years back. I was left not overly impressed, and iot does many things simply wrong for an Airbus (simulating typical flight logiocs of Aibusses is difficult in FS because of inherent tehcncial limits of FS). In the high fidelity segment for FSX, PMDG seems to be the ruler on top of the heap.

If I were you, I would really consider a different order of priorities now. FSX already is old, FS2004 is even older.

Change to Prepare3D.
Get a taste of the PMDG 737NGX on it.

Then see how that changes your world. Again, the 737NG that you know on FS9 has nothing, really nothing to do with the NGX version for FSX. It is quantum leap ahead in quality and simulation. the NG also has technical issues with the autoflight system and events, and some others minor thinks, I vaguely recall. I never was happy with it, and avoided it soon after getting it.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201284

http://www.prepar3d.com/

Quote:
Thanks skybird
Nixos problemos!