View Single Post
Old 02-20-13, 01:45 PM   #19
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Well I belong to a va ba virtual apparently the pmdg 777 is a few months away looking good though but as for level d 767 as far as I was aware its a stand alone add on with no connection to the pic version
I know all three versions of, and they are pretty much one and the same package, believe me. Even the visual realization in FSX strongly bases on the earlier incarnations. The first publisher was Wilco who published it under the title "Pilot in Command", later Flight1 took over in that role while the original developer of the first version for FS2002 then officiallycalled himself Level-D.

That it is one and the same simulation line you can see when comparing screenshots of the various versions. The close similarity leaves little argument.

And this is from Level-D homepage:
Quote:
(...) Tracing its roots back through the 767 Pilot in Command series of releases for FS2000 and FS2002, their release for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (A Century of Flight) contains ...

It was indeed one of the best - and very early, for FS2000: THE BEST - of its kind. The system failure options of the first package set standards at its time, and they made my neck hair raising when I used them. But today, the evel-D 767 simply is graphically outclassed, and the functionality of it is ordinary and wide-spread industry standard for airliner modules now, no more anythign special. That is no criticism, it just accepts that it is many years old.

It nevertheless still works reliable and flawless. But the virtual cockpit with its many 2D-switches, the system depth, sound environment and generally the technical realisation of the plane, its appearance and avionics, are left behind by modern modules like the PMDG range of products. I saw the PMDG 747, the Flight1 ATR-72-500 and the Level-D 767 to be en par on the FS2004 platform. But on FSX, new kings have taken over the reign.