Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Okay in the original game files

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
In the older vs of S3D you can adjust the values of the Sky colors in the ENV folder

for water reflection.

Data/Env

Skycolors_Arct.dat

Skycolors_Med.dat

Skycolors_Atl.dat

But in the new vs there is only a True or false setting for them no number adjustment like in the old one.
When I was creating all the controller definitions I had to assume which type each value was. This case the value is 1 byte in length, and I made the definition a bool (true/false). If this is wrong, it's easy to correct. You can do this yourself, but I'll update the definition and upload a new version, as I have a few other fixes in place.

Quote:
Also in the scene file adjustments.

Data/Scene.dat

With the mini tweeker you can adjust the Horizonal setting for the sub view bubble.
What is the horizontal setting for the sub view bubble? Where can I find it?

Quote:
But with the new S3D ap it is saying this is fixed and none adjustable.

With the new game capabilities this does need to be slightly adjusted so why dosn;t the new S3D ap allow this?

The same problem with other water reflection adjustments exsist in other files.

A lot of them that say in this order:

ClipHeight
Reflection
Refraction
Frustrum Test
MinvisDim
MaxVisDim

The 3 I highlighted in yellow no longer have a numericle value to work with.
The last one I do believe should be a True or false setting and should work okay IE FrustrumTest.

But Reflection and Refraction needs to have an adjustable level not just a true or false setting which I have used in the old aplication for my work.

The old aplication has the ability to change the values with the add on's you have given us in the past.
The new version also has this ability, but it works differently. For now, I'll change the types of the Reflection/Refraction and provide an update.

Quote:
BTW another issue. If a file has been changed by the mini tweeker first like the scene file then your aplication will not open it. But if you take a fresh untouched scene file it will open and adjusted it.

Have seen this with many files so far. It is like your aplication will not read other aplication changes only stock original work from the game.

Is there a property definitions you can add lines to like the last aplication so the new lines we added to the old app to give us more adjustments can be added to the new app? Right now without them you have to use both apps to get some of the same results.
I have to look into this. Would be great if you could send me some mini-tweaked files, so I can see what's wrong.

Thanks for the feedback
The original starting values for all of the Reflection and Refractions are set at 1
But I have gone as high as 3 in them so I believe they are capable of going higher but how much I do not wish to guess. Anything above 5 seems to be way too much in an effect. But if you make them absolute to start with a modified file will not open and you will have to start from scratch like the problem I came into with the scene file trying to modify one I had worked on in the past. It will not open it.

And seeing the Frustrumtest dosn't seem to accept anything but a 1 or 0 it is probably true or false yes or no type of deal.

In the scene file if you open up node #50 to #51 and click on the environment in the setings area it tells you it is the Camera Bubble Sphere. Original base value starts at 1000. I know you can go up to 10,000 although that dosn't work well in game. So there are almost no limits to it's setable ability for use.

Do you want already tweeked files or mini tweeker files themselves?!

But as it stands at the moment using the S3D tool for adjusting the Scene.dat file just isn't feasable as it changes things in the file once you save the changes in a way where too many effects are lost that I am trying to work with.

Didn't mean to tear up the new work or ruin your Christmas with this info just wanted to help you out in making it better.

Last edited by leovampire; 12-23-07 at 07:22 PM.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote