View Single Post
Old 10-06-15, 10:01 AM   #4368
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
In our Pacific Thunder Campaign group members installed a very similar mod to the Guerrilla Spyron mod; a 'parent' mod that was converted into the Guerrilla Spyron mod. It was heavily researched.

Although the 'parent' mod was made for Stock, members installed it over Stock, GFO, TMO, & RFB (some with minor changes). It is not compatible with RSRD.

"Spyron" changes:
CareerStart.upc, CareerTrack.upc, Flotillas.upc, & PatrolObjectives.upc.
Also:
UPCLocalization.tsr

Anything affected by those files would be changed.

Other than those files, it does not change anything else except the campaign layers - the Objectives. The campaign mission files add some 'traffic' in Stock's empty 'shipping areas' & adds Patrol craft in and near enemy ports, adds forward bases, mines etc, and changes all Special Missions to those actually conducted in WW II. It uses the shipping - 'traffic' it is installed over.

Some modification to the upc files listed above would be needed to have any submarine other than the S-class, PORPOISE, SALMON/SARGO, TAMBOR, GAR, GATO, & BALAO class boats.

RSRD is a mega mod now. It began as an attempt to recreate the actual shipping traffic and Task force movements reported by the Japanese and postwar analysis of their movements during WW II. Now, many things have been changed that have nothing to do with its original intent. That said, it is a fine mod.

I have a heavily tweaked install of Stock similar to that described by fitzcarraldo.

Hope this helps. You'll just have to play SH4 and experiment with various mods to find an install combination that you like.

If you use Multi-SH4 you can even have a Stock, GFO, TMO, RFB, 'Spyron', and RSRD installs at the same time. They are only 5 GB each, and Hard Drives are enormous nowadays.

Happy Hunting!

Now I´m testing Spyron with my heavily modified TMO 25 (without RSRDC) and all seems working fine. Remembering the good old times of PTC with SH1.

Thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote