View Single Post
Old 08-15-08, 01:09 PM   #30
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper
Take your time and check every single file (yeah it sucks I know) The good news is that I put it into the Battle of Midway so I've got two task forces that I can put under the sea while I wait God I love it when those 16 inchers finally hit home on some of these ships. It just turns them into a pile of nothingness. I also noted that you do take Hull damage from heavy guns of BB's (Which admitedly are more accurate than my own elite crew's are..............) but nothing inside breaks and she seems largely unsinkable. I took 34% hull damage and didnt even faulter in speed or sink down in the water even a little bit. Not complaining but it looks like a damage model is already on this thing, ish.

Ya, there are people working with damage modelling. I don't know anything about it at this point other than the basics of what it does. But to model it I think you need to find the coords of the zones and then set them to a certain type depending where it is and link to them. It is not the time, it is last of knowledge. And I think even with it semi working it doesn't show other than hull damage and no damage control. (in other words it won't get fixed, if an engine is damaged I don't think it will get fixed)
And for your comment about checking every file, been there, done that, I am not seeing the problem. Now that I have stepped away for a while, I am going to try again, to see if this time I will see it. And Sledgehammer427 offered to look at it too. I know it's probably a minor thing but I just can't find it. I offered to help someone one time and spent hours, saying "It should work????" It turned out to be a missing [ (bracket) in the .upc file and I didn't see it for a long time.

If you want to sink, download the Fuso or Kongo and do the Kongo off Samar mission. The planes will get you!!!:rotfl:. And I have no idea why that sinks and the Iowa doesn't. I also don't know why the AI ships are so accurate and the playable ones are so bad. As for stuff breaking inside, it does, it just won't show. I have come to a dead stop in the water, and according to the damage, I had none. But it must have taken out my engines because it wouldn't move. Another thing I noticed on the Japanese ships, haven't noticed it on Iowa, but if for example a plane drops a bomb and it hits the ship, any AA guns that take damage....dissapear. I noticed it first on my Sen Toku sub in a Japanese Campaign. I got DCed and was told "Flak Guns destroyed" and when I surfaced, they were gone.

I am learning more and more as I go, but for now I have a lot I just don't know. So the ships are playable but each one is a bit different in how it takes damage.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote